Help Needed To Disable My Apartment Buzzer

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi There,

I have had to relocate to Europe for work reasons. My apartment buzzer is driving me crazy it is like any courier or postal worker who delivers to my building always presses my door when they can't get any answer. I have also drunks pressing my buzzer in error a few times too. Is there a way I can disable this buzzer by removing one wire? Unfortunately it is quite an old one the model is a Tegui one. Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have included a pic of the wiring for your reference.

Cheers
Mark

IMG_0144.JPG
foIMG_0144.JPG r

Sponsored Links
Cant see the handset so a guess,the buzzer is in the handset,sometimes the cable entry to the handset can be pulled out.looks like a small bt plug.

Could you get a complete new intercom , one that has a switch to mute buzzer.

Or its trial and error,take 1 out at the time on the lower 3 terminal connection.

If you want a drunk to come along and test it out,there will be some here later.

Good luck.

Cant see the handset so a guess,the buzzer is in the handset,sometimes the cable entry to the handset can be pulled out.looks like a small bt plug.

Could you get a complete new intercom , one that has a switch to mute buzzer.

Or its trial and error,take 1 out at the time on the lower 3 terminal connection.

If you want a drunk to come along and test it out,there will be some here later.

Good luck.
Thanks for your reply ok yes the buzzer is on the handset, the black, white and green wires are the one's connected to the handset. Unfortunately there is no small BT connector plug that just pops out, I just watched a video on Youtube for that one. Do you think it is one of the handset wires that need removing?

Looks like it,

take 1 wire out,set your mobile phone to sound recording or video/sound place phone and handset on a chair.

go outside push your call button,check recording

Trial and error.

T

Sponsored Links
Looks like it,

take 1 wire out,set your mobile phone to sound recording or video/sound place phone and handset on a chair.

Trial and error.

T

Ok sorry for sounding totally clueless so you think it would be one of the three wires from the handset to the base either the green, white or black one? Once I have found out which wire turns it off do I need to make it safe somehow or do I just screw the cover plate back on to it and forget about it?

Once you found the wire,just disconnect it when you want peace and quiet.

It will be one of those wires but also try a wire on the top connection.

Maybe have a toggle switch fitted into the plastic cover/base so you can disable the buzzer with ease.

Try not to touch the wires together,could short circuit the unit.

Or maybe ask a friend to help

I am sure that removing a wire to silence the buzzer ( if the buzz does come from the earpoece ) may also cut off voice from the door to the earpiece.

Or maybe ask a friend to help

I am sure that removing a wire to silence the buzzer ( if the buzz does come from the earpoece ) may also cut off voice from the door to the earpiece.

Thanks but I have just moved to Spain so don't really have any friends yet (sad I know). I am allowed to work 50% from home but find the intercom is just a bit of a nightmare due to constant disturbance. Don't really care about the earpiece being cut off I just wanna turn the wretched intercom off so I am no longer disturbed :0)

Don't really care about the earpiece being cut off

Then disconnect any two of the black green and white wires. If you knew which wire went the earpiece then it would be enough to silence the earpiece by disconnecting just that one wire. That is wire 1

(wire 1)--------( earpiece )--------(wire 2)---------( microphone )------(wire 3)

Then disconnect any two of the black green and white wires. If you knew which wire went the earpiece then it would be enough to silence the earpiece by disconnecting just that one wire. That is wire 1

(wire 1)--------( earpiece )--------(wire 2)---------( microphone )------(wire 3)

So I just have to disconnect the blue wire then that is going into the one that says number 1? Do I need to make it safe afterwards? Sorry I am just clueless when it comes to electrical things.

No . sorry I din't make it clear. To silence the earpiece at least one of the wires going to the earpiece has to be disconnected. The best chance of "guessing right" is to remove any two of the wires going to the handset.

No . sorry I din't make it clear. To silence the earpiece at least one of the wires going to the earpiece has to be disconnected. The best chance of "guessing right" is to remove any two of the wires going to the handset.

So to remove the buzzer it is which wire? Sorry confused.com!

Without a circuit diagram to tell us which two wires out of the black green and white ones are connected to the earpiece it is necessary to disconnect any two of them to ensure that at least one wire to the earpiece is disconnected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back