Help needed with CH combi system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Last year we moved into our new house with an old CH and boiler system which seemed to be fine. Recently I have noticed the pressure creeping up and up on the boiler until I had to take some water out of the system to bring the pressure back down. I have to bleed 1 radiator every week (always the small rad in the bathroom) which produces a blueish flame when lit which I think is hydrogen which I believe is produced by sludge and corrosion. The boiler is a worcester junior 28i (NOT greenstar) and the rads are a mixture of old and slightly less old.
We are having a new boiler and rads fitted in 2 or 3 months but I would really like to avoid spending too much to keep this system going.
I'm interested in why its only 1 rad thats getting hydrogen in it and why the pressure keeps going up and up.
would draining the system down and refilling using inhibitor solve this problem or does it need more radical work (powerflushing, new rads, new boiler parts etc...?)
Also as its a worcester boiler it has the silly plastic filling tap underneath. the tap moves easily below the lock and unlock position but I can't get it to open to top up the system. I've gone to the point where I think I'm going to break it and backed off (I wanted to open and close it a few times to make sure water wasn't dribbling in causing the pressure to increase)
Thanks for any advise
Jim

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back