HELP needed with immersion heater

Sponsored Links
Easy there chaps! :) I'm quite young and new to all this stuff. This is my first house.

I do have a multimeter and checked the power last night. Of course I had to wait up pretty late to check if I was getting power and - no I wasn't. So seems like there's my problem. To check, I also put my storage heaters on last night, and, hey presto - no heat in them this morning either.

It looks like I'm not getting any power to any of my Economy 7 appliances. Anyone know what might be wrong here?

Seems strange that none are getting any juice. Think it might have to be another late one! You need to identify the fusebox or consumer unit for the E7 supply, as Kev said, it will be seperate. You need to see if this is getting a supply during the E7 period, DO NOT attempt if you dont feel capable, there could be a lot of live parts inside!!! Shaking hands with the powerstation is NOT recommended.

If it isn't getting a supply, then the meter is probably faulty, one for your electrickery provider to sort out.

Sponsored Links
ok, thought you may like to know that it's all sorted now.

I got some guys from NPower out to check it out. The first guy said "ooh, that's not my department, I don't look at this type of meter". Classic. The second guy found the problem (not actually in my flat but in the basement where all of the actual meters are). It turns out someone had opened the meter boxes and switched my Economy 7 off. No idea why anyone would do this!

Thanks for all your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back