help Needed

gam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Just wondered if some body can give me some advice,

I have been plastering a few months now after doing an intensive course, i have been plastering anything that i can friends family and all my own walls,

I have got to a pretty good standard,

On some of my walls there are still a few low spots, and i cannot get the hole wall in uniformed colour, they look fine once painted, just maybe 5 low spots in a whole room, i take my time and only do small areas in a set,

Any tips on how to sort this out guys and any tips to make sure i get the best finish as i have my first paying job next week and im ****ting it, also how did your first job go?

Gaz

Sponsored Links
Are you using 2 good coats ? if so you might be trowelling up too soon. practice makes perfect. if its ant consolation my first ever job was average and i was lucky to get paid.

As Multifinnish says , sounds like your trowellng a tad to early , just trial and error , witout seeing what your doing , just keep ya confidence up and keep going.

Guys many many thanks

I will take a bit more time from now on,

I am just a little scared that the plaster will go off before i have had chance to smooth it out,

Again thanks very much for the advice

Gaz

Sponsored Links
Guys many many thanks

I will take a bit more time from now on,

I am just a little scared that the plaster will go off before i have had chance to smooth it out,

Again thanks very much for the advice

Gaz

In addtion to the above, I would suggest having a light shining at an angle to the wall, rather than straight on it.

Also when trowelling, try to have a bit of good stuff on the trowel, not fat,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back