Help - New Boiler - Possible Cowboy!

I agree changed locks and phone and tell him every thing you are not happy with...but

Please remember just because they did not fill the benchmark or gwn does not mean that the guy is not corgi reg'ed, lots of corgi reg'ed people are lazy and don’t fill in the benchmark.

So ask for the guy’s corgi reg number
If he is corgi reg'ed get the benchmark filled in
Get the install gwn

And on Monday phone corgi and get them to have a look at the install

Sponsored Links
I went out with an Accrington Lass for several years - I know how it goes..;) funny thing was that she WAS the Milkman's daughter... (remember the ads?)

Sponsored Links
mehran said:
I agree changed locks and phone and tell him every thing you are not happy with...but

Please remember just because they did not fill the benchmark or gwn does not mean that the guy is not corgi reg'ed, lots of corgi reg'ed people are lazy and don’t fill in the benchmark.

Get the install gwn

someone who lives in the real world and giving sensible advice rather than the hang him high brigade with their holier than thou attitude

bripl said:
mehran said:

Get the install gwn

someone who lives in the real world and giving sensible advice rather than the hang him high brigade with their holier than thou attitude

Uuhmmm!

Change the locks today, stop him gainning access.

or

Phone him, tell him what you have been told here, give him chance to rectify

or

contact corgi and report as surgested.

infuture check qualifications. We all carry cards and would not refuse or give excuses for not showing them, cowboys do.

Same as :eek:

the benchmark is a bit of a red herring, i am a service agent for a few makers and 75% of benchmarks are blank.

the guy is armed with what he needs to know but as others pointed out this one side of the story.

There is only one way to do the job correctly!

That includes the CORGI registration and filling the Benchmark and the Notification.

Worcester say no Benchmark may block the warrantee!

Agile said:
There is only one way to do the job correctly!

V. true. Keep hold of the final payment until all the relevant paperwork is completed.

Ask nicely and say please. You don't know for certain that he has ripped you off; yet. If it was done by a kosher Corgi, there will be little involved in getting him to return to site to complete the benchmark book and notify building control. Check his Corgi number with Corgi. Make a note of his van registration number. Ring the Corgi man at the number on the Corgi site and confirm it was him who did the work. If it wasn't a Corgi job, then you've got £1,000 to pay a Corgi bloke to do it.

Check with the sparky forum re the electrical Part L certification. I think that you need test certificates if a new circuit from the distribution board has been installed, or for electrical work in a kitchen or bathroom.

Any costs beyond the retention, then write and issue a summons through the County Court system, if necessary.

As Roosevelt said; " Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
That was an African saying, but not one noticed or remembered it until Roosevelt said it.

But a Corgi RGI wouldn't get someone ELSE to do a CP12 cert. Hang him.

Well that identifies a few issues!

The condensate pipe outside should have been insulated.

The flue hole should have been sealed with mortar on the outside. The hole inside shoulod have been hidden with a rubber gasket or filled with plaster.

If the flue hole is not sealed inside OR outside and you can see daylight through the hole then the boiler is At Risk and should not be used! CORGI should be informed and then will also take the CP12 man to task as well.

Tony

Condence waste looks as though it has no fall, and it aint frost protected.

Flue looks suspect (termination)

Pressure reliief valve discharge pipe is not turned back to the wall.

Watch your head when getting off toilet when it goes in :LOL: ;)

Says it all, he's fitted an Isar :eek: Is it the angle of the photo or is the condensate pipe sloping upwards :?:

gas4you said:
Says it all, he's fitted an Isar :eek: Is it the angle of the photo or is the condensate pipe sloping upwards :?:

On closer inspection Dave, I think your right :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back