Help New Front Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are considering replacing our front door as its now 14 years old and looking a bet tired after being painted a few different colours.

We have a small window to the side which is upvc and we wish to retain as there is an identical one a foot to the left for the downstair loo.

Can anyone suggest a good supplier for doors and what regs are currently required.

What should I pay for a reasonable modern front door?

What sort of time would it take a builder to fit?

Any help appreciated as looking online external doors range from £250 to £3000 and I have a limited budget :)
20170108_115545.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sorry to be obtuse, but why not have the door stripped, repaired (if needed) and repainted?

I had a new front door installed 2 years ago. So much crap with all the companies like safestyle, crystal etc with hard pushing salesmen with stupid prices. In the end I went to globaldoor.co.uk designed my own composite door had someone come round to take some exact measurements and fit it a few weeks later for less than a grand. No other company I went to came close to the price.

Sponsored Links
For a front door you are going to want a Composite door really (they are a little bit more than PVC but much better quality, options and security)
Go to some local double glazing company's (avoid the big national company's).
Depending on make, Colour, Style, Extras etc you will be looking at about £700-1200 for a good quality door including fitting.

Have a look at these door designer websites to get some ideas
http://www.door-stop-doors.co.uk/config
http://doordesigner.solidor.co.uk/

Doorstop are the cheaper of those 2 makes, Your local companys may use other makes but at least you will have an idea of what you are looking for

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back