Help no hot water

If the mixer tap mixes water in the tap body it should be fitted with check valves which means that Agiles tip won't work. A lot of mixers that mix in the tap body already have check valves built in.

I still favour using a wet and dry vacuum in the first instance before trying to use mains pressure. There's a lot less scope for damaging fittings.

Mike

Sponsored Links
Assuming the supply tank is full you will need to force cold mains water up hot water supply pipe.

Its easiest to do that at a kitchen mixer tap.

Tony

I very specifically said a kitchen mixer tap as they do not mix inside the tap for health reasons.

Tony

If the mixer tap mixes water in the tap body it should be fitted with check valves which means that Agiles tip won't work. A lot of mixers that mix in the tap body already have check valves built in.

I still favour using a wet and dry vacuum in the first instance before trying to use mains pressure. There's a lot less scope for damaging fittings.

Mike

You may have not have noticed, but there is actually a rather large difference between what SHOULD be, and what is.
In this case, what SHOULD NOT work, often does; certainly worth a try.

a similar trick that has worked for me a couple of times.

hold the palm of your hand firmly on the bath mixer.
open hot tap
open cold tap
wait and listen for gurgling
let go of the tap and close cold water.
keep fingers crossed.
repeat a few times if the hot does not keep flowing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back