Help no hot water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically we nailed through a pipe on Monday
Called emergency plumber cost us a fortune he drained central heating system and replaced pipe
We've had no hot water since
Radiators are heating up slowly
About 4 are hot and 2 are hot just at the bottom and 2 are cold I turned the heating on about an hour ago on 25 degrees by my thermostat downstairs
The boiler in airing cupboard is cold but pipes going under floor feel hot
What can this be I can't afford to call another plumber after how much the last one cost me!

Sponsored Links
Have you phoned the original plumber. The chances are it us an airock. But damage to the pump can result. Did he bleed all the radiators
To do so he would have gone into each room

No he only bled one in my utlilty room and I haven't rung him I thought if it was a simple fix I didn't want him to charge me!

image.jpg
Would it have anything to do with this I noticed my grandad was fiddling about with this after for some reason

Sponsored Links
get the origional company back and refuse to pay any further charges need more pics of that valve to determine what it is

Is this the valve?

Attachments

• IMG_0580.JPG
    IMG_0580.JPG
    307.8 KB · Views: 124
I rung him he told me to run the hot water tap for 15 mins to see if it comes through like I didn't try that already!
He is coming tomorrow afternoon
I don't have that much faith in him he seemed really confused about the whole situation

He's just got to bleed the high level air bleeds in the airing cupboard and your radiators, maybe force a little flow around the system....basic stuff. I can imagine he may not have done it on an emergency callout, merely made safe repair. He should have returned to bleed and check though.

Post some more pics showing the cylinder and the pipes around it. I suspect, with regard to lack of hot water, there is air at the top of the coil.
May I ask how much he charged. Just being nosey :)

Yeah we paid a lot,
Cos it was an emergency call out
A company called
First action
He charged £90 per hour
I know we was robbed haha but it's the only company we could get to come out with in a few hours and we was sat with our thumb on the hole!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back