HELP no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Peeps,

could anyone please advise what this problem might be, I have a RM Cylinder and a ideal boiler, there is not hot water and the boiler is reporting code 0,
The water heats up a little when I turn the heating on and then the boiler reports code C,

could anyone advise what the problem might be, the fault started yesterday when the water company turned of the water to repair a broken pipe on the street,

thank you

Sponsored Links
0 means no demand, C is a call for heat. It could be that a zone valve has failed. You'll need a G3 registered heating engineer to look at it. In the meantime, you should have a switch by the cylinder to turn on your immersion heater, which will at least give you some hot water

Hello thank you for your message, I can’t see a switch, what would it look like please

Sponsored Links
Have I missed something? I wouldn’t be obtaining a G3 registered engineer, as we don’t know it’s unvented? You may need a gas safe engineer for the potential boiler fault. Do you know what type of system you have?

There is not switch at all, it’s is a invented system

This is the cylinder

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 82
Would a G3 registered engineer be needed just to check or repair/renew a zone valve?

Is there any way I can turn on the immersion without having a switch

Is there any way I can turn on the immersion without having a switch

That's not a good question. How did it get turned off, without having a switch?

When I look at the cap of your immersion heater, it does not appear to have an electrical cable going to it. So the absence of a switch is not the problem. It's the absence of a cable, and very possibly the absence of a circuit to supply it.

We don't know if the original installer didn't provide a circuit because the customer refused to pay for it, or if he didn't connect the cable because there was a fault, or because he didn't own a screwdriver.

It's unusual to have an airing cupboardwithout a circuit for an immersion heater, but not impossible. Have a look at all the nearby walls.

Last edited:
I think I’ll get some one more qualified,

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back