HELP no hot water

An immersion heater switch preferably looks like this

PL11923-40.jpg

but it might not have a neon indicator, and it might not be labelled. Both are preferable, but not obligatory.

Sponsored Links
There is defo no switch, I been in this house since it was built, it’s just strange that the water board turned water off for street repairs and the the hot water won’t work, and cylinder won’t sending demand to boiler but the heating does, and when the heating is on it heats the water

nothing to do with the water being turned off, if the HW Cylinder heats when the CH is selected you need a G3 qualified person to sort it, not a big job to be honest,

I just swapped the 2 actuators around in the cylinder and it seems to have fixed the problem

Sponsored Links
I think I’ll get some one more qualified,
That's exactly what you have been advised to do ,and what you should have done ,rather than mess about with things Bobby. Do yourself a favour and get a G3 in. Regards Terry

Thx terry I have now, a qualified person coming out tomorrow, and thank you all for your advise, at the very least it’s been a learning curve :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back