Help on LPG Cooker hoses required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently started doing gas installations and am qualified. I have a bayonet hose, bayonet socket and a straight wall connector. The problem is the straight wall connector needs the copper pipe(15mm or 1/2") to be soldered into it. The wall connector has a 1/2 female iron socket on the other side for the bayonet socket to screw into it.
Where can i get a straight wall connector with two 1/2" femal sockets. This will let me avoid soldering the copper pipe altogether and just use a compression fitting with a 1/2" male thread.
Please be specific on where to get it as i have being looking lots.

Remember the entire assembly must not protrude more than 35mm so cooker can be pushed back fully. Water tap type fittings are no good here as they stick out too far
Thanks Very Much for any help
Michael

Sponsored Links
mmcostex said:
I recently started doing gas installations and am qualified.

Really???????????????

Ok what distinguishing mark/s does the hose have?[/b]

clf-gas said:
mmcostex said:

Really???????????????

The hose is a cookerflex bs669 straight bayonet type

Sponsored Links
mmcostex said:
clf-gas said:
mmcostex said:

Really???????????????

If your qualified for LPG then your answer would of been a particular colour of ring or stripe.

clf-gas said:
mmcostex said:
clf-gas said:
mmcostex said:

Really???????????????

If your qualified for LPG then your answer would of been a particular colour of ring or stripe.

I am asking bout fittings and not the correct colour of hoses. Lets stick to the subject . Thanks

mircopoint kit fitted correctly needs no soldering :LOL:

Excuse me im sorry.

If your asking about a fitting, like the one you have been shown, the you clearly are not qualified, and if you are then god help your customers and family.

The hose which IS part of the fittings should have a red stripe or ring to denote it as suitable for LPG. The one you have is for Nat gas ;)

:rolleyes:

If your qualified solder joint should be POP. A nice neat and simple job. Most cookers have a recessed area in the back to allow for bayonet connector, at least the quality ones.

Let's face it, and i don't mean to be rude, but the terminology you are using doesn't sound like that of a registered gas installer/plumber. Considering you are dealing with LPG i think you are mad for trying to do this if that is the case as LPG is far more dangerous than natural gas given the fact it is heavier than air.

If i've got it the wrong end of the stick then i apoligise, but i think it's fair to say that no CORGI registered engineer will promote trying to do the job umless competant, so i think it's fair you try and convince us that what you are saying is true?

Are you aware of what pressure you should be testing the install after carrying out the work, using your manometer?

No offence, but i don't want to aid someone to break the law by providing infomation that make's them possible to do so.

clf-gas said:
mmcostex said:
clf-gas said:
mmcostex said:

Really???????????????

Yes and if you were LPG then you would realise that a hose to BS 669 IS for LPG and WILL have a stripe or band in red on it.

Stan

sambotc said:
Let's face it, and i don't mean to be rude, but the terminology you are using doesn't sound like that of a registered gas installer/plumber. Considering you are dealing with LPG i think you are mad for trying to do this if that is the case as LPG is far more dangerous than natural gas given the fact it is heavier than air.

If i've got it the wrong end of the stick then i apoligise, but i think it's fair to say that no CORGI registered engineer will promote trying to do the job umless competant, so i think it's fair you try and convince us that what you are saying is true?

Are you aware of what pressure you should be testing the install after carrying out the work, using your manometer?

No offence, but i don't want to aid someone to break the law by providing infomation that make's them possible to do so.

I am being misunderstood, I am using the lpg kit supplied by BES

sambotc said:

I am using the lpg kit supplied by BES. I think i am being misunderstood

clf-gas said:
Excuse me im sorry.

If your asking about a fitting, like the one you have been shown, the you clearly are not qualified, and if you are then god help your customers and family.

The hose which IS part of the fittings should have a red stripe or ring to denote it as suitable for LPG. The one you have is for Nat gas ;)
WRONG!! check your facts if the hose is to BS 669 then it is O.K.

Stan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back