Help on re-routing a condensate pipe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having problems with a frozen condensate pipe like nearly everybody else with a condensing combi boiler. The last two days running I have had to thaw the end of the pipe. Because the boiler keep stopping (hope it isn't knackering the boiler!)

I may have a way, although a lot of work would be involved of taking the pipe to the downstairs WC and joining to the sink waste pipe. This will mean the pipe doesn't go outside. I should be just about able to slant pipes to help gravity feed, but I may need to have at small section horizontal.

My question is, this will involve a run of pipework 2.5metres long will this affect anything?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsored Links
Also is there something like a t connection to put into the 32mm sink waste pipe but the T being a 22mm...if that makes sense?

2.5metre run should be fine, but it needs a fall, even if slight, the whole way. You'll need a 32mm tee, then insert a 21 to 32mm adaptor into the appropriate socket on the Tee. Pipes will need to be solvent weld, if you've not used this before dont attempt to glue them until you're satisfied they're in the right place!

If the sink waste goes outside may be worth upgrading to 40mm after the condensate joins. Get a 40mm Tee etc, then you'll need the 21 -32mm reducer, fit that into a 32-40mm reducer into the tee. Use a second 32-40mm reducer onto the existing sink waste. (Still not guaranteed not to freeze but will help.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back