Help or just some advice with my old worcester 9.24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys ive got an age old worcester 9.24 which has served me well only ever had to change the diverter valve on it but now the expansion vessel has gone and it always been pretty noisy.

the 1st question ive got is after i replace the ev will some of the fernox boiler noise additive from screwfix quieten the thing down

the 2nd question ive got if i replaced the 9 single radiators with double ones would the boiler be able to cope? or i could just replace the 5 small ones with double radiators

thanks in advance, i know im pretty much flogging a dead horse with this boiler but i cant afford to replace the boiler in the near future just want to get as much heat from it as possible ready for the winter

Sponsored Links
The silencer wont make too much difference as your boiler has a copper heat exchanger, ive had limited success using silencer one these. It works much better on cast iron heat ex's. Try some system cleaner in for a couple of weeks circulating around then drain and refill. This may help.

Regards the rads, depends on how big the rads are.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back