help please accord xpc alarm driving me nuts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone hope somebody can help me out with this
we have a accord xpc alarm fitted in the house was on a adt contract untill about 2 years ago
i know these arnt the best but it works for me and always worked as it should but now we have a problem thats driving me mad
we have had a small porch fitted to the front so had to remove the sensor off the door and extended the wire to it it was done with proper alarm cable ive later found out that the alarm had to be put in some kind of engineers mode before messing with it which we didnt do

its all back together now sensor on the new door etc etc but the problem i have it randomly starts to make a high pitch tone (the alarm is not set at this point ) and its sometimes in the middle of the night i can switch it off my punching in my code

ive since removed the little battery out the alarm box and fully charged it incase it was that put the battery back in fixed the cover on making sure the little spring thing was correct and then stick the fuse back in the alarm works and lets me set it but still does this random noise every now and again so ive now removed the fuse and the battery so the keypad is dead

im stuck with it does anybody know if its stuck in somekind of tamper mode or im i just doing something wrong any help with this please
regards lee

Sponsored Links
i didnt notice to be honest just wanted to switch the dam thing off before it did it i had the circle on the display

Chances are it's the wiring you messed with that's at fault , how did you extend it ? What did you do with the tamper circuit?

Sponsored Links
i was thinking the alarm had to be put into some kind of engineers mode before messing with it all wires were joined correctly and we tested the alarm was setting and un setting while holding the sensors together the tamper circuit do u mean the spring thing inside the alarm box i made sure that was touching the little recess inside the cover sorry if i sound thick but no nothing about these things could a factory reset work or would i have done that by disconnecting everything thanks

The magnetic door switch should have a tamper circuit, did you connect four wires inside the door switch and did you put them in the correct place?

No one is going to be able to help you with this, unless you provide the information on the keypad when it activates !
Everything else is guesswork ....

Im going to put it back together tonight and hopefully the loud tone will soind i will report back with what it says on the keypad thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back