Ademco Accord XPC - Bell Icon issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Accord XPC installed on my home. It`s a few years old now but has worked faultlessly until now. I got the user manual and install manual and noted install settings, most are default and no comms connected. There`s no fault find info in those........

I set the alarm and left home but on my return a day later I couldn't unset the alarm quickly as I was carrying in boxes and equipment. (I sometimes do that and just reset the alarm.) The alarm set off. It can siren up to 20 minutes by default if left and normally sounds off until its reset at keypad.
But after 20s or so the siren and strobes just cut out. The keypad has an audible alarm and that kept buzzing, so it was still alerting armed....I user code the alarm to stop/off, then again reset the LCD to clear the zone entry point notification.

All seemed fine except I got the flashing bell icon never seen before - Tamper Check +09.
Right so I thought lets do a system check - user code +5. It cycles the strobe/bell for 5 secs then the zone walk through in order 1-4. I get a Ce fault on the bell box but the rest cycles through fine.

I set the alarm again and tried to trigger it, no bell box /strobe activation, the LCD and internal buzzer activated as per.

So my thinking is the bell box gave out under load when it was set off, lasted for about 20 secs then went kaput. The fact that the test cycle gives the Ce code points to the bell box or supply to it? Its now acting dead and the passive state LED indicators are off too. I assume I`m getting the Tamper Check +09. error code icon because the system cannot communicate with the bell box and shows a tamper error?

I notice there`s a F2 Speaker/Bell:500 mA, 20 mm, Anti-surge. on the panel pcb for the bell box so I was going to cut the power, disable the battery then examine/replace the fuse as a start. Then check the battery for 12v+. Whats worth checking on the bell box itself? Water ingress, corrosion?

I`m no alarm engineer but worked in m.v. electronics before and I know pcbs and control systems do not like water or corrosion and all sorts of error codes can appear!

Anyway, now the alarm will not arm at all. Normally it does the 30s delay before setting, now that delay continues indefinitely without arming it. It didn't do that yesterday though.
There is a Group 4 — Option 9 Prevent Setting for Power Fails. but that is set to default 0.Mains fail. and the mains supply is fine. Its internal, secure and sits below the consumer unit in a dry cupboard. I asked the neighbours and they say its never been set off while ive been away. Its been relioable.

Any advice welcome. If I needed a bellbox or battery wheres best place to buy them?

Regards.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Bell fuse blown ...replace and test , if it blows again replace bellbox ..cheaper to change the full unit ...

Thanks sparky.
Got some fuses today so will test later.
If bellbox needs replacing, are most replacements suitable, like from a electrical factors?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, F2 Fuse was fine. Original fuses still in it, the ones with coloured stripes on them. Must be bell box its still dead, no LEDs.
CEF do a Texecom so just a case of fitting it. Hopefully the wires are labelled. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back