Resetting codes on Ademco Accord XPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an alarm in our new (to us) house. In time I will have it replaced with a better system but for now it'll do. I have the master code but no engineer code. I need to move one of the PIRs so need the engineer code.

Thanks to this site, I have determined that the alarm is an Ademco Accord XPC. I have the engineers manual and tried the factory engineers code but to no avail. However, the manual says that the codes can be reset if I press some buttons within 5 seconds of power up.

I have found the fuse for the alarm but am aware that it will have a battery backup. Is it just a matter of pulling the fuse, silencing the inevitable alarm and then putting the fuse back in before pressing the buttons?

I would be grateful for any advice on how to proceed with the reset.

Cheers....

Sponsored Links
Thanks - all sorted now. In case anyone stumbles across this thread in the future here are the steps I took...

- I pulled the fuse in the mains feed to the panel.
- The alarm went off and needed the Master Code to stop.
- The "Batt LED" symbol was flashing as the mains wasn't on.
- I undid the 2 screws at the bottom of the panel and removed the cover.
- The cover tamper activated the alarm but this was silenced by removing one of the battery leads.
- I gave it a min or so before reattaching the battery lead. I had the cover in the hinges ready to close as soon as the battery was connected.
- I press the buttons as per the manual.
- The alarm sounded and needed the master code to stop (now defaulted to the factory setting)

Both the Master Code and Engineers code were set to factory defaults so it was very easy to enter the programming menu and also reprogram my Master and user codes.

Thanks @voicey for recording your process above as I needed to change my battery sharpish as it's been ringing every few hours for the last day or so and has been especially annoying in the dead of night!

Like you I
  1. Turned off the mains power, but...
  2. the alarm went off so I had my wife on standby to enter our alarm code.
  3. That done, I located our control box and unscrewed the 2 bottom bolts before removing the cover, once the cover is off the alarm went again but entering the alarm code once more silenced that.
  4. I bought my battery from Screwfix (UK) for £19 - see http://www.screwfix.com/p/sealed-le...rch-_-SearchRec-_-Area2&_requestid=223873#_=p
  5. Taking the leads off the old battery sounded the exterior alarm bell, again entering the alarm code stopped this.
  6. inserted and connected the new battery, offered up the cover and screwed it tight, turned on there mains power and all was good again :)
12 years after your post above your instructions proved invaluable and saved me a heap of money getting an electrician or engineer out! I hope my experience above, like yours, will help others!

Photo of the new battery in situ below (in case you need to know what to order)

Sponsored Links
Hi all, I inherited the above ADT Accord xpc a number of years ago, no contract and successfully replaced the battery in 2011. Recently a low battery warning so new battery purchased from Screwfix, engineer code entered, new battery fitted only this time when exiting programme mode, the correct symbol for day mode (an empty circle) appears but when any movement is detected the beeps start and the alarm triggers. This stops when the user code is entered but starts again once movement is detected. So it's acting like it's in full set mode but the display says otherwise. Now sitting in engineer mode (flashing spanner) to stop it triggering. Pretty sure the tamper switch is in the correct position too. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Hi, Really excellent info. on this thread - many thanks. Thread is several years old but helpful for me despite it's agedness, and may help others with older ex-ADT systems featuring the Accord XPC. Hence, Administrator, please keep this thread open, it was a God's send to me!

I just want to add a few observations on this issue described above. That is, replacing an ex ADT installed Accord XPC battery.

Background: After 9 carefree years, following the cancellation of my ADT subscription, the internal alarm, positioned near the key pad in my hallway, sounded late one evening although the the alarm was unset. Not the usual power cut alarm, but much more intrusive and noisy sound. The battery icon was also flashing (no mains power-cut issues at the time) on the keypad. The user code was subsequently entered and all was well - until later at 2:00 am, when the alarm sounded again! User code again entered, and this temporarily halted the alarm, but just for another 2 hours. On each occasion it was the internal alarm that sounded (i.e not the externally mounted wall alarm and 'strobe') accompanied by a flashing battery icon with a cross through it on the keypad. After the latter episode at 4:30 am (arrrgh!) I started an online internet search which brought me to this really helpful page.

Actions subsequently taken (5:00 am!) were: removed (pulled out) main power fuse from the the holder (alarm sounded and user code entered again to cease); removed the two bottom screws from panel covering the main CU box, in the garage, and lifted off the front panel (external alarm sounded as tamper switch triggered); and then I quickly removed the back-up battery leads - resulting in all being quiet and keypad unlit. That is, whole system switched off.

This other webpage was helpful https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1409164/Adt-Accord-Xpc.html?page=22#manual for a free download of installation manual (I don't have ADT's Master code or Engineer code) and as yet haven't needed to use these but this manual shows option for resetting to factory defaults of master code 1234 and the engineer code 9090, if needed in the future.

Replacement battery was...
Power Sonic PS-1270 F1 12V 7AH Battery - Diamec DMUF12-7.6 Battery
ordered at lunch time from ebay (starterbatteries) - £23.00 plus free delivery - and delivered 10:00 am the next day. Excellent service.

Ok, here are some additional observations from the steps indicated in the postings above for reinstalling the back-up battery.

1. Hooking up the new battery sounded the internal alarm, which was stopped by entering user code (yes, the system hadn't 'self-defaulted' to factory setting which I had wondered about).
2. CU box front panel reattached
3. Mains fused pushed back into the fuse box.

All seemed well, but...the keypad had a bell icon flashing (in the top left of the display) in addition to the day circle. Also, while I could enter 'easy-set' and/or user code plus press the full-set button, the exit countdown continued, that is didn't stop after the usual 20 secs before the alarm was set. In fact the alarm didn't set at all so obviously none of the PIRs or the front door contact functioned. The user code stopped the endless count down bleeps.

The Manual suggested that the 'bell icon' was the tamper switch, inside the CU panel.

So... I removed the main fuse again (alarm sounded - user code quietened it); CU panel unscrewed again and lifted off (no alarm this time!!!). After some head scratching, I eventually realized that the tamper switch (this is a spring loaded, plastic 'stalk'-like protrusion, in the center of the panel) had not engaged properly with the small circle moulding, on the underside of the CU front panel.

I pushed the tamper switch in towards the circuit board and then tried to engage the end of the plastic extension into the circular area on the front panel. Very fiddly. Obviously however I was successful, as once the panel was screwed back in place, and the main fuse was re-engaged so that the power was back on, the keypad was also back to normal (i.e no bell icon flashing- just the day circle showing).

With fingers crossed, I then reset the alarm (using easy set) and all worked well. That is, a 20 second count down exit period, before the alarm was set. Opening the front door also gave me a 20 second 'window' to unset the alarm with the user code. So far, all seems well and no costly need for an electrician, plus a glowing sense of achievement ;) - we all need these small victories in our lives!

Once again, massive thanks to this forum and particularly to this thread.

Hi,

I am new to the forum and have joined as I am need of help.

I have an adt accord xpc alarm. It is not on a contract and came with my house.

I have been doing some DIY and recently removed a couple of sensors for painting.

I have just replaced these with new ones. Since doing so the alarm panel had a solid battery simple with a flashing X. The manual says this means battery missing or low.

I have just replaced the battery with a brand new one. The symbol is still present.

As far as I can tell everything seems to be working as it should.

Any ideas? As it's starting to frustrate me.

Kind regards

Stuart

Check the glass fuses on the main control panel
I've just taken the panel off and replaced all three fuses and seems to have solved the problem. Although I cannot see that any are broken/failed.

Wouldn't worry about it in that case then lol. If your really bothered you could test the continuity of each fuse with a multimeter

I also have another problem.

When I took the panel off and changed the battery I noticed that there was a small jumper wire on the panel floor that may have fallen out.

I am not sure if it did or not and have no idea where it goes.

I have tried to feel each of the connections but none seem loose enough for a second wire.

I have uploaded photos. You can see the little blue wire. It is only long enough to go between two connectors that are next to each other

Attachments

• 20210627_132204.jpg
    20210627_132204.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 20210627_132212.jpg
    20210627_132212.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 20210627_132415.jpg
    20210627_132415.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 20210627_132355.jpg
    20210627_132355.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 105

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back