Resetting codes on Ademco Accord XPC

Sponsored Links
Battery recharging or is it 'shot'?

Storm Arwen meant that we were without electricity for 10 days. When the power initially went off, the interior alarm sounded as usual, and I silenced it by keying in the user code on the keypad. However, I then forgot about the alarm system until day 3 without electricity, and belatedly realised I needed to remove the battery which was being drained, which I did. Obviously, when the cover was lifted the tamper switch triggered the alarm, which was silenced when I removed the battery terminals.

So, now we're back on mains electricity again, and I've reinstalled the battery, and all seemed OK. Except, the battery light is flashing on the keypad, presumably indicating a low battery (according to the manual). I did test the battery before reinserting it into the panel, and it read 10 volts or thereabouts.

My questions are:

Will the low battery light keep flashing until the battery recharges itself (it's two days now since it was put back into the panel)?

Was 10 volts reading on the battery too low for the battery to recharge again, so that I need to buy a replacement (the battery was purchased in 2019 - see thread above)?

Thanks for any advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back