Moving Panel - ADT Ademco Accord XPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Ademco Accord XPC in the house that was put in by ADT for the previous owners. Thanks to this site I have managed to reset the codes and have turned off the dialling feature to make it a bell only system.

Long term I have plans to fit a brand new panel but I need to move the existing one in the meantime so I can get the hallway plastered.

My plan is something like this:

Put the panel into engineers mode
Carefully disconnect each incoming alarm wire, noting what goes where
Isolate the mains power and remove the panel from the wall
Affix the panel in it's new place and restore mains power
Reconnect incoming alarm wires one by one, replicating what I disconnected.

Is there anything wrong with this approach or anything else I should be considering?

Also, will the panel remember the settings from before?

Cheers...

Sponsored Links
If you are moving the panel then the incoming cable's from the zones, bellbox and keypad will obviously not fit where the current cables run although I maybe wrong you say you want to move the panel so then you are going to have to rerun the cables to the new place and or replace the whole length of cable to the sensor and to the new location.

Hope this helps. Please give more information

If your going to change alarm panel anyway why bother re fitting the old accord panel ?

Take really good photographs of the insides of the panel before you disconnect anything. You can then refer to these later if you get stuck.

The bell will go off when you disconnect it. One good trick, if you're not taking too long, is to use the backup battery to power the bell and keep it silent whilst you move everything. This is much easier than getting the ladders out and disconnecting the battery in the bell.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies and apologies for not updating this thread sooner.

I am going to embark on this sub-project this weekend. The panel is being moved from the hallway and into the integral garage. All the cables run past the new location except for the speaker and contact on the door between the hallway and the garage.

I am also going to relocate the keypad (by front door) and speaker (ceiling mounted). I have already run new 8 core alarm cable for these whilst the ceilings were down.

My plan was to put the panel into engineers mode, carefully disconnect each sensor (2x PIR & 2x door contact), the speaker and finally the bell (I note that the bell will sound - thanks).

I was then going to pull the power, disconnect the mains and move the panel/keypad together into the new location. Then I'd reconnect the mains power, the bell, the PIRs and then the contacts (with a new cable for the garage door contact). I'd temp connect the old speaker and then activate the alarm.

Hopefully at this point it'll work OK and then I can go about connecting the new speaker and putting the keypad in the hallway.

What could possibily go wrong?!!

If your going to change alarm panel anyway why bother re fitting the old accord panel ?

I'm going to change the whole way the alarm works - at present it has 2 PIRs and 2 contacts. We have balconies on the first floor and I want to protect the entry points there as well as fitting shock sensors on the ground floor bifolds.

At the moment I'm refurbishing my ground floor and have run new alarm cables throughout this floor and also left a load of spare cables in the ceiling voids that run back to the new panel location. When I get to the first floor I can route these cables into the proper locations up there. Until they are in place I don't want to fit a new panel and can make do with the old one for the time being.

I did it all this morning in a couple of hours - went off without a hitch. I took my time to record what went where and then replicated it once I'd moved the panel.

Thanks for the tips, especially the one to use the battery to spoof the bell - it gave me a good amount of time to relocate the panel without annoying the neighbours too much (the battery backup siren is quite loud).

Just a small point, once your panel is in the Garage, you must include the garage within the protection - The panel MUST be installed within the protected zone ;)

It's only for a few weeks and then I can install an alarm with a lot more protection, including in the garage. But thanks for the advice.

I did have one minor hiccup last night when I came to set the alarm - the internal sounder went off and I got a flashing bell symbol on the keypad. The instructions indicated that this was a "Zone 9 Tamper".

I finally figured out that this indicated a problem with a tamper switch on either the panel, bell or keypad. It was the latter for me - I hadn't pushed it home properly when installing it in the new location and it was easily fixed.

I couldn't find much on the internet regarding this fault so to make it easier for people googling in the future:

Ademco Microtech Accord XPC Flashing Bell Keypad Zone 9 Tamper

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back