Help Please ! Ravenheat CSI 85 combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a CSI 85 & on the front panel a light has come on in dim red with a picture of a flame & what seems to be a temperature gauge,which is overheat & or flame failure I can hear the pump running but it's not lit. Is there a way or relighting the boiler is the whats wrong that the pilot has merely gone out or does this indicate a problem of some kind? My wife & kids would appreciate your help on this...

Sponsored Links
Your boiler does not have a pilot, and you can not open that section safely.
First step is to go through the boiler service and repair manual to find out what the possible causes of the light are.

thanks for your reply, I have read the book see below, it's not very helpful at all... There is Gas & water pressure I have taken the igniter out & cleaned it but it's still no lighting, I noticed the fan doesn't come on but I presume it won't until it needs cooling, any ideas please?

Before lighting the appliance check central
heating system pressure (7) is not less than 1 bar gauge. If it is below this do not light but
consult your installer about refilling your system as you may have a leak in the system.

A RED warning light on the control panel (8)
warns of a flame failure of the burner. This can be reset manually by pressing mains boiler on/off switch (1).

A RED warning intermittence light on the control panel (8) warns of a high temperature lockout on the overheat thermostat. This could occur due to air or poor circulation in the boiler/heating circuit. This can be reset manually by pressing mains boiler on/off switch (1).

I think I have found the problem but what is it?
DSCF0112.jpg

a blown chip on a pcb does anyone know what it's called so I can order one?

DSCF0130.jpg

Sponsored Links
its the ignition pcb. I am not brilliant on these boilers but you should get advice off a ravenheat expert in respect of whether you should replace both pcb's. with a worcester 350 it is best practice to replace both boards because of their tolerences.

I would hate you to change just the ignition board and then a fault develops on the other pcb! hope this helps

It looks like a resistor that's fried because something took too much current, so if you replace it, it could do exactly the same again.
You need a boiler bod who isn't just a parts-changer!

Thanks for helping guys, I am a little confused though, take a look at the pic below, its faint text but it looks like it's a frost thermostat would you think?
Screenshot2010-11-27at174247.jpg

What do you think guys?
I realise what you say about getting a meter man in but I would like to have this part 1st so that if this is the only fault he can fit it there & then & only charge for 1 visit if that makes any sense?

Does anyone know where I can find a part number & recommend anywhere for me to order it from, I am in North Manchester but as it will be delivered that shouldn't make a difference

You need a boiler engineer not a meter man.

If he blows the pcb because he did not bother to see why it blew then he will have to pay for it.

So you do need someone compentent.

Tony

the frost thermostat and other external connections connect to the main pcb.
i'm sure i told you it was your ignition board
I'll try again, your burnt out part is the ignition board!!!which is seperate to the main pcb

I concur with agile and others, you need someone to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Just an update guys,

Thanks for all the information.
I bought the ignition pcb from plumbcenter for £70 & examined the main pcb & although smelly I couldnt see any other burnt issues so I was tempted to just plug it in but I got a guy round who just looked at it like I did & plugged it in !

It now lights & has been on for 2 days the only problem I had is the only time it was on timer it failed to ignite.... I reset the switch & it came on this is the only timed event it has been on could this pcb ignition board behave like this when operated by the onboard timer?

As far as I am aware thats the fan modulation PCB and NOT the ignition which is built into the main PCB.

Why does Boilerdoctor think thats an ignition PCB ?

if you had the installation / service manual why did you not just go through it properley and then find fault/replace part as MANUFACTURER says! All this is it this is it that!...... :eek:

The makers MI show it as in the drawing above but dopnmt even mention that its the fan mod PCB!

Its onllt when yuo repairs boilers that you get to know what the parts are otherwise you cannot do most repairs!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back