Help please to remove Danfoss 103 timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys it’s my first time here and please ignore my English as its not soo good,i have Danfoss 103 timer in my home and it is making too much ticking noises i need help to get it removed as I’ve got Honeywell cm707 thermostat in the room which works as full controller/timer so i think there is no need for old noisy Danfoss 103 can anyone please tell me how to disconnect it and how I connect the wires afterward

Sponsored Links
Need to know more about your system. Do you have a combi boiler, or a boiler and separate hot water cylinder?

You don't give much to go on there. What type of heating system is being controlled? Much will depend upon what the controls are connected to and how the two items are wired together. Here are the wiring details and some possible installation methods for the Danfoss 103. There will be others.

Doc1.jpg

The end result is that you want to remove the 230V supply to the 103 but if the terminals are being used as a junction box ie there are 2 wires in (L) for example they will need to remain connected together. Then the wires in (1) and (3) need to be joined together.

If the wiring diagrams above don't match what you have. And you post details back of how your system is wired, someone should be able to advise you. Alternatively, if you are happy to leave the Danfoss 103 in place and just decommission it, that will achieve what you want. To do this

1. Remove the wires (or wires) from the Neutral terminal (5) and put them in a separate new terminal connector, so that they are isolated / insulated and no longer connected to the Danfoss 103. that will stop the clock working and the ticking noise.

2. Add a wire link to join terminals (1) and (3) together. That will by-pass the switch inside the 103 and allow the programmable thermostat to take over control. Leave the wires that are already in these two terminals in place.

Last edited:
0B8E4DE7-C00A-40A1-8CA9-5896A3D51A52.jpeg
7DACE635-6AD7-45B4-AE52-7D11DF553F68.jpeg
Thanks alot stem for your reply,its old baxi boiler Baxi WM 30/3RS only used for heating.yes thats what I meant i need to decommission the timer.ive just added couple of photos to give you an idea about wiring
6D281090-1A57-4EEA-BFA2-444634B04727.jpeg

Sponsored Links
In that case, you can either do as I originally suggested and decommission it by:

Leave the Danfoss 103 in place, and remove then isolate safely the blue neutral wire from terminal (5) You could use the spare terminal (2) for this it isn't used for anything.

Get rid of the red loop between (6) and (3)

Put the yellow that is now in (1) into (6) with the red [This is instead of linking terminals (1) and (3) but electrically it achieves the same thing.]

Or, as an alternative, if you want to be rid of the Danfoss 103 completely, then

Trace the cable from the Danfoss 103 back to its origin.

Note where the wires in the cable are connected and then remove them.

Finally insert a wire to join together the two terminal that you have just removed the red and yellow wires from so that the terminals are elecrically connected.

The Danfoss 103 and its connecting cable can then be removed.

Last edited:
Yes you can, and that is correct. It will provide a live straight to the room thermostat as it does now when the Danfoss 103 is 'on'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back