HELP PLEASE - upvc lock problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I went over to my son's house to do some gardening as he is on tour in Afghan. He has a upvc door and the key opened it fine. After gardening all day, I cannot lock it??? When the door in not closed properly, I can lift the handle easily so all the 'sliding' mechanisms work and the lock locks perfectly. When I shut the door, again I can lift the handle easily and it sounds/feels like all the sliding mechanisms are working, but the lock will not lock. It is just jammed. I have been trying to sort for an hour with no luck. Can anyone please help or cast any light on this??????? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Probaly dropped lift the whole door up while lifting the handle, i assume you lift the handle but cant turn the key. If so do the above

Its been hot today abd the door being open allday has probably suffered some expansion, when it cools it'll probably lock again, no good at the time i know when your in a panic trying to lock it but try as God says.

Hopefully tomorrow it'll work fine, its forecast heavy rain and thunder :confused:

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for those two responses - success :D ! I really did have to use most of my strength, lifted the handle as normal and then really lifted/forced up and there was an additional click and the key worked! I did wonder whether the heat might have expanded the mechanism but anyway, sorted now. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back