Help please with my Central Heating / Hot water Programmer T

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Up to yesterday I had a Myson Microtimer central heating / hot water timer. However, the relay went pair-shaped and would not stop clicking meaning we had no hot water or heating.

Anyway I went with my electrician brother to B & Q and purchased a Sunvic Select 207 XL programmer.

My brother made note of all the wires in the connection plate and then wired up the new timer accordingly. However, the system wont work properly.

If you advance the hot water to on, although the light comes on the timer, the pump does not come on and the boiler does not fire up.

If you advance the central heating the pump starts but the boiler does not kick up.

If you advance the hot water and the central heating, the pump starts and the hot water heats up, but the radiators dont warm up. However, if you over ride the valve in-line with the water tank to manual you can get the radiators to come on. Having said that the living thermostat does not seem to have any effect on the central heating / boiler.

We are sure there's a wire or 2 amiss here somewhere. The new timer has 6 terminals with two being live and neutral leaving 2 terminals for hot water and 2 for central heating. However, there's quite a few wires which my brother has sorted into a connection strip to then connect to the plate on the timer connector bracket.

Perhaps we should go back to square one but we would need to look at each unit i.e. valve, pump, tank thermostat etc and need to know the wiring colour coding used and then know where it goes.

I can see blue, yellow, white, brown, red and also orange wires.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in anticipation. :)

Sponsored Links
Do you know what type of system you've got? I'm no expert but from experience I know that most of the manufacturers use different wiring colours and configurations. It also depends on whether your system uses a three way valve (e.g. a Honeywell Y plan) or two way valves (e.g. Honeywell S Plan). If you can get that estabished, then you should be able to find wiring diagrams on t'internet, for example:

http://www.gasman.fsbusiness.co.uk/wiring.htm

You also might be better asking the question in the plumbing & central heating forum... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back