help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI
Not very good with computers just get by got a problem that drives me mad . whenever i log on the internet (A O L ) a message comes on screen saying quick time is not installed on my computer, but it is, it then gives me a choice to install it i have tried clicking on yes and no nothing ever happens just have to wait for it to clear then i can log on. Would be very gratefull if there is a quick fix .

regards paul

Sponsored Links
HI budgie 69

thanks for info did this and it worked a treat . is AOL not rated as an I S P

thanks again
regards paul

Sponsored Links
pwdavis said:
HI budgie 69

thanks for info did this and it worked a treat . is AOL not rated as an I S P

thanks again
regards paul

The software they supply if somewhat bloated an can have an adverse affect on the O/S. Just an opinion based on the number of machines I see with Internet problems.

With AOL you can still use explorer to access the internet, and as I do just use the AOL software to access your emails. You can also use outlook express see AOL keyword imap.

pwdavis said:
is AOL not rated as an I S P

1136341393_aol-censored.JPG

And THIS is funny too...

I'm ashamed to say I use AOL (I know, It's partners fault she wanted to keep her stupid E-mail address and messenger). You can set up a VPN in Windows XP to avoid the need to install their software on your PC. AOL and my PC seemed to run a lot better like this. There are guide online if you wanted to set it up like that. I use a router now to access the web so can't quite remember how it's done. I'm sure I could find out if you wanted to though.

Hi Darude

Thanks for your reply, I would be grateful if you could get that info so I can use AOL as little as possible. I am not the best on computers so if you could keep it as simple as possible that would be great. I like simple things, that's why I married my wife.....! Haha.

Thanks & Regards
Paul

Sorry, I'm really not that good on computers, there's a white cable coming out of a white box from my telephone line? The box has 'BT' written on it??!! Oh and there's a yellow cable too. Haha.

Regards
Paul

To Change your AOL E-mail to Outlook / Outlook Express try this link:

http://www.thundercloud.net/information-avenue/aol-mail-setup/step-by-step.htm

To connect to AOL Broadband without there virus like software check this link.

http://cyberiapc.com/forums/index.p...101&showtopic=3323&pid=37916&st=0&#entry37916

Good Luck, Make sure when uninstalling AOL not to uninstall the Modem drivers (It's quite difficult to accidentally do so don't worry about that too much).

Also AOL will imbed itself on your PC, search your Hard disk for AOL afterwards and delete anything with the AOL logo.

Darren

Hi darren
thanks for info iwill try this later and let you know how i get on
thanks again
regards paul

Sponsored Links
Back