help pls ideal classic ff260

mnp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am haveing alot of problems trying to sort out a fault with this boiler, fan runs, air pressure swich makes ignition comes on small piot lits for about 3 secounds, then i hear a clicking noise, piolt goes out , it then relit polit again main burnes dont come on, i have chaged gas valve and pcb, still the same what could it be and ideas pls help

Sponsored Links
I note that you have changed the gas valve and the pcb, both being expensive parts!

Are you gas registered to change the gas valve?

Why did you change BOTH these parts?

Tony

igntion stops and piolt goes out staight away, i am thinking it could be pcb faulty ?

Sponsored Links
Even if he has changed them himself ( whilst unregistered for gas work and endangering his family and neighbours ) then the retail price of the parts is probably about £200.

As its not the gas valve or the PCB a competent RGI will probably find its a simple problem and fix it for £50-£90 !

Many faults are simple and cheaper to have them fixed by a professional than blindly changing expensive parts.

Tony

Not by anychance had electrical work done and reversed polarity

shhh

that was one of my thoughts
thinking-006.GIF

other involves a lump of china ;)

don't know about you tony but i think the op has spent a lot of brass for nothing :idea:
:LOL: have learnt some thing out of this job, check the gas supply coming into applies is of, not assume it is my bad :eek:

That is why we always test the dynamic pressure at the inlet,the polarity etc before we start throwing parts at it!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back