HELP! Potterton PrimaF will not light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks... been ages since I was in these parts - I guess that's a good thing right? ;)

I've come home this evening to a buzzing sound coming from the boiler - thought to myself "hmmm that does not sound right or good" and sure enough ... the boiler will not light for either CH or water heating.

I can hear the sprung valves (forget what they are called) opening and closing in response to thermostats so I think all that side of things is good.

What happens is if I turn everything off then turn the hot water heating on, a low buzz - almost like an electrical buzz starts followed by a click which all sounds usual but then when the flames would normally light, nothing happens and the low buzz just continues.

Any ideas? PCB/seized fan?

Any thought most welcome...

:?: :D

Sponsored Links
I've got an idea, but it's inside the casing and that's RGI territory, sorry!

Thanks twgas - already had a nosey around the outsides, reset switch, sprung valve things (what are they called!)

They are all responding as they should and I can hear the clockwork sound so I've resigned myself to getting somebody out tomorrow.

ANy recommendations in KT4? I used someone of here before who was localish - Chris I think was his name but I can;t find any contact details alas.

Anyway - thanks again ... it's the thought that counts :)

Sponsored Links
All sorted - was the fan in the end... My thanks to ChrisR as this is now fixed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back