Help pushfit pipes gone wrong

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I come home tonight to find that my wife has attempted to install the new kitchen sink, with pushfit pipes going to a single tap with 2 longish pipes for hot and cold.

Problem is that the pushfit connection at both the mains pipe and the tap end are both leaking and I cant get the things off now.

1. How do I get the things off once connected on

2. Should they be supplied with seals or washers as wifey says there was no such thing with it.

Also there seems to be no way to tighten.

Can anyone help quickly or have I got to find an emergency plumber?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The push-fit fittings are probably not pushed on fully.
hold the pipe and fitting and try to force the pipe deeper into the fitting. If you feel it move a few millimetres deeper, you should have a good seal.

Dont tell him how to get joint undone will you

If she is within reach of NW London then she can come with me for unpaid work experience and train to become a plumber.

I came home to find two replacement toilet seats fitted perfectly. But then there was no risk of leaking.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
chrishutt was correct, the fittings just needed quite a bit of force, now ok.

must stop wifey doing things like this.

Cheers for your helps.

reminds me of a tale a work colleague once told me

He came home to find his wife hammering in some screws to fit a curtain pole

He said "don't do that love"

"get the drill out and do a proper job"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back