HELP! radiator half full and not bleeding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my house there is a towel heater radiator in the bathroom that is only half full the bottom half is hot and the top half has no water in it therefore cold. it is not bleeding no air or water is coming out the top. I have tried a variety of methods like filling the radiator up with water from the top stabbing down the bottom to check for blockages but nothing. when i filled it up with water and opened the valves the water went down to the same level it was before. the heating is working off the old gravitational system. please give me some adivice so I can solve this problem

Sponsored Links
Check level in feed and expansion (small tank) in the loft. Should be about 1/3rd full. If it has water in it could be a blockage in cold feed (or elsewhere) preventing said rad from filling up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back