help radiators taking off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi have trvs and have tried to take the radiator did not go well water pored out filled about 3 buckets and then black stuff came out no sign of water stopping so have but the valve back on to the radiator.
This is what I done turned the valve to 0 turned off the boiler system and started to undo the nut on the control side.
Should I have done something with the other end?
Please help and if you can explain it in steps that an idiot would understand as I am lost thanks
Stuart

Sponsored Links
when you look at a radiator there is a trv on one end and alockshield valve on the other if you take the plastic cover off the lockshield valve and shut that as well as the trv you will probably be success ful next time

Also, remove the TRV head and screw down a decorators cap to close the valve fully.

hi i dont understand how to shut the other end down I took the top of it off it was metal had a screw in it and now the water has stopped coming out of it I have turned the system back on and its whinning alot and the other rads have not heated up yet it this something to do with all the water I lost at the start

Sponsored Links
hi i dont understand how to shut the other end down I took the top of it off it was metal had a screw in it and now the water has stopped coming out of it I have turned the system back on and its whinning alot and the other rads have not heated up yet it this something to do with all the water I lost at the start

Turn the screw clockwise until it can turn no more. This will turn this valve off and prevent water escaping from this end. Make a note of how many turns you have made to close it (so you can open it again to the same setting, or as close as possible).

Then follow glasgowgas' advice on the other thread :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back