help,save me from going mad!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im just starting to get me hewad around the whole roof insulation thing and i have a few questions.
most people seem to say that a warm roof involves having the insulation above the rafters, is this correct?
secondly after looking at kinspans web site i founf the info below,
and what im confused about is the in the pictures where the roof has wooden sarking and there are no batterns!!!

the reason i ask this is because ive just bought a new bunglow which i intend to re -ile the roof, its the same as my current house , which i also re tiled, but on my current house a removed all the wood sarking,felted and batterned , leaving a 50mm airspace between the felt and the insulation, but on my new house id rather keep the wooden sarking inplace, but im unsure on air spaces etc
fig 2b seems fine for me bit i guess im just not sure why there are no batterns on the sarking???

cheers
jon

Sponsored Links
How are you gonna fit new felt if you leave the sarking in place? Why do you want to keep the sarking anyway?

Sponsored Links
well i didnt want the hastle of removing all the wood sarking + its an old roof and i didnt want to bang it about to much when removing it.
is it ok to push the insulation all the way up to the wood sarking on the inside with no air gap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back