HELP....Texecom Alarm problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help guys

My texecom alarm is not working

Iv had issues before with the keypad not working and having to do a powerdown.

Had same issue so went to do a powerdown,
When i gave it power again it went in arm mode

My normal code or engineer code is not doing anything.
And the full alarm keeps going off.

I have down a quick powerdown reset and the keypad is saying
Full set suite
zones...............TP

it still wont let me put in my pin.
Right now it keeps beeping so i have left it in fear the siren will go off again.

Is there away of fully powering down the system?
I have tried turning off power and disconnecting battery however outside siren goes off until i reconnect power

Help needed asap guys

Appreciate it

Sponsored Links
pin had reset to default somehow

Had to enter default pin and change it back

The Veritas can through some odd symptoms up (as with other systems) if the bachup battery deteriorates due to age and is not replaced. The charging circuit suddenly starts to draw more current and causes issues elsewhere.

If you swap the battery you may find things settle down, however, it may of already been damaged, and a new PCB required.

You can pick up an R8 very cheaply, and take the PCB from within. Just a bit of re-programming then, which it sounds like you know how to do.

You can pick up an R8 very cheaply, and take the PCB from within. Just a bit of re-programming then, which it sounds like you know how to do.
lectrician, if you had seen the other post the op had put on here, the op has a veritas excel, so would need a veritas excel PCB to work with the current setup.
I agree, if the problem persists, first change the battery, if that fails buy new panel.

Sponsored Links
Yep, but I didn't, and so assumed the basics.

Cant expect me to troll all posts :D

didn't expect you to, never mind! everyone defaults to thinking when veritas is mentioned, it must be an R8!

I bought the system in august 2011
Would the battery be a problem already?

Regarding the pcb if it is a issue i can get that replaced under warranty

First of all, just powering down because you have a "fault" is not the way to go about things.
Texecom or the supplier will have expected you to have done some basic testing with the system before replacing.

I would take it back to bare bones link out everything ( removing all existing wiring) and prove the panel and keypad.

This would involve a complete factory restart and see what happens.

Just dropping power for no reason isnt how to fix anything.

Got the manual still, set it up as they say after PROVING the panel , keypad all wiring (No shorts, breaks).

Step by step, there is no other way.

Can i ask why my other thread was deleted?

Alarm posted some stuff for me to check and now i cant because its been deleted

I have no idea why your other thread was deleted, maybe the moderators clicked the wrong thing or alarm accidentally put personal information, alarm, no offence intended.
apart from that I agree with alarm, strip it back to the bare bones, link out all the zones and tampers and label all the wires before removing them!

Ok will do

Do i leave the aux power connected or should i also disconnect that to?

Dont worry, I know why it went.

As I said before we need to prove the panel.
Strip it out and rebuild it with nothing but the keypad and all tampers linked out,
Whislt at that check all cables for shorts especially the keypad.

Another has suggested a fault with the panel, give me the serial numbers from the PCB and i`ll get that checked out for you too.

NOT mains power, disconnect battery if you are removing wires, you might short something out.

I meant the aux power to the pir's etc

Dont worry, I know why it went.

As I said before we need to prove the panel.
Strip it out and rebuild it with nothing but the keypad and all tampers linked out,
Whislt at that check all cables for shorts especially the keypad.

Another has suggested a fault with the panel, give me the serial numbers from the PCB and i`ll get that checked out for you too.

Ok will give that a try, As its a intermittent fault , how long should i leave it like this?

Il get the serial number to you in a bit
Thanks

If you prove the cables and the panel. Then rebuild carefully there should be no faults.
You could have a stray strand, a loose tamper - anything.
Thats the point of proving.

With nothing attached to the panel but all tampers linked out are and disarm it a few times, leave it a day you have the time after all.

If I get the serials I can talk to Texe ( Direct not via help lines) and find out if yours is at issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back