Help! Tiler coming tomorrow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
My floor tiler is arriving tomorrow. Here is my question. My hallway is t shaped with doors leading off to all rooms. Going up the hallway from the front door about 5 foot in i have a door to loung on the left, with door to main bedroom opposite on the right. I will be having 3 tiles going across all the way up to the t centralised. Would it be best for me to ask the tiler to centralise them around the 2 doorways. My dad said this would look better to the eye from the front door and also going into those 2 rooms.
By doing it this way though when you turn the corner into the t then they wont be central along that part of the hallway into the kitchen (although the hallway is only 29 inches here (10 inches smaller than the main part). The tiles are alaso going to lead into the kitchen from the hallway.
I like things done properly, so what would be the best advice you tilers would come up with?Would you centre the middle row all round OR would you make the 2 doorways look even with the cuts as they are opposite each other and near to front door. Sorry for my long winded post lads.
Thanks from a worryguts!
Lol.

Sponsored Links
I'd lay the tiles out dry and discuss with you what looks best. I can't answer your setting out problem without seeing the job.

Your tiler should be happy to do this, but make a reasonably quick decision so He can get on with the job.

Hi Mudster,

Thanks for your reply.
Good Idea.
Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back