Laminate Floor - Need To Work Out Where To Begin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Will be doing some laminate floor action in the next week or so and need some advice. I will be laminating my hallway and front room, the front room is off this same hallway but there are stairs also in the hallway.
I want to do the laminate so that it flows in one nice motion through the hallway and into the front room.
The biggest problem i can foresee is the stairs, going into the hallway from the front door and where to put the first run of laminate, i was thinking of securing some timber to the floor which would extend the line of the stairs and then move to the right and into the living room. Doing this would give me a clean line but don't know if this is the right method for doing it. Also not too sure how the laminate secures itself going the other way.
Whats the normal method for doing this type of thing? Is there one
L

Sponsored Links
Bumping this one up because I still am not 100% on where to start.
Basically I have 2 rooms to laminate that I would like to run one into the other, the first one on the left is the hall and the one on the right is the living room. the problem I have is that the hallway on the left has stairs which take up one quarter of the room (more or less) and these are situated on the left hand side of the hallway. In order to do this correctly the first row of laminate would need to be placed next to the stairs ie bang in the middle of the room to get a good line. This is ok moving to the right because that's relatively easy, the problem is going to be the left side because I am backfilling and its always a pain trying to join boards to the left instead of to the right. Maybe I am just over thinking this one a bit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back