laying laminate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys - im going to lay some laminate flooring in my house...hallway as you enter the front door and also the front room on the right whic has a chimnney breast as you can see. I would like it to be that the laminate flows staright into the front room without using a threshold bar in the doorway into the front room...where would be the best place to start.... I was thinking of starting in the front room, on the left as indicated by the laminate boards ive drawn..any ideas and suggestions please.

see floorpan

floorpan.png

Sponsored Links
in general go at right angles to the window[board ends to light source]
so in this instance with the boards along a corridor says 90 degrees to what you have planned
what is the greatest distance from fireplace wall to hall wall
are you removing the skirting ??

what is the greatest distance from fireplace wall to hall wall
are you removing the skirting ??

from fireplace wall to hall wall is about 17 ft...walls have been skimmed so no skirting board fitted yet, gonna do that after the laminate is fitted...

Sponsored Links
has the plaster fully dried out ??
you should be ok without a threshold strip in the doorway but if you get problems be prepare to cut out 30mm in the doorway and introduce a strip
just make sure you undercut the architraves to give the full 12mm expansion

i would start in the hallway as that's the longest wall
or if your doing the the room first then from the fireplace but this will give the greatest number off cuts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back