Help!! Trouble fitting strip light in garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to replace a strip light in the garage, it is a 70w bulb, but everytime i but a new strip tube in it blows and trips the electrics. Has anyone any idea what i am doing wrong? I am using the correct voltage tube, im onto my 3rd and its costing me a fortune!! :confused:

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

Chris

Sponsored Links
Hi jj4091,

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you really need a new fitting?! It seemed to be working ok before just the bulb was flickering slightly and would take a while to come on, then it just gave up the ghost! So thought it would be just a new bulb!

Oh well its a rented house so will just charge the landlord! :)

Thanks for your help!

Chris

Sponsored Links
Hi,

No didnt try changing that, is that situated on the main unit?

Thanks

Hi,

No didnt try changing that, is that situated on the main unit?

Thanks
Yes it should be on one side or the other it is a round part that when turned comes away from the main light and is a small barrel shape with 2 metal pins on it. It will prob be 5-80w FSU type.

the choke / ballast has gone short cicuit, throw the fitting away and get a new one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back