HELP...Vokera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler losing most of pressure after 3/4days.
Also loud TICKING noise. Dont know if this is a Diaphragm fault. Water leaking from one of the valve stops underneath the boiler but I think its also leaking from above the valve stops. do I have a big problem?

Sponsored Links
loud TICKING noise
When?
If continuous and you're catholic it'll be the bomb someone's popped down your flue.

If you have a leaking valve then you'll need a new one, and if there's joint leaking you'll need the same sort of chappie to fix that.
Unlikely to be a disaster ;)

Without knowing which model of Vokera and without an internal visual inspections you must understand that its a little difficult to make any guess at all.

Either you need to get the instructions and describe to us which parts are leaking by using the manufacturer's part names or alternatively toget a competent boiler engineer to inspect it and advise you.

We would make a charge for that as would any honest engineer. If you get someone to come free and "give you a quote" then all you are going to get are those who will tell you its beyond repair and you need a new boiler.

All boilers can be repaired, its just a matter of what the cost is likely to be. We find that there are very few boilers that cannot be repaired for £200 or less.

tony

Cheers Tony,

Think its a 20/80 RS flowmatic :confused:

The loud ticking happens when the hot water is turned on or the Heating starts up. Sure I saw the burners flicker to the timing of the ticking. The burners seem to dim slightly because of this.

Sponsored Links
its still very difficult but I suppose that from what you say the fan may be failing!

If that is the case then it could be dangerous to operate the boiler, particularly if the property is not occupied!

Tony

Dont think so I replaced the fan 2years ago.

Wondered if the gas feed could be being interupted in time with this ticking(clicking)?

You are the one who has heard the "ticking" !

It could well be the modulating coil on the gas valve IF its going from high to low flame.

In that case it may be the thermostat or PCB and to find the exact cause a basic knowledge of electronics and a test meter will be needed.

Tony

I would suggest the boiler is in need of a service. Good boiler, responds to a proper service very well.

I am in Glasgow and carry out this work on regular basis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back