Help ! Water pouring in through ceilings

It all sounds like a right kock up.

Obvoiusly we don't know the contractural arrangement between "the builder" and the DIYer, but I would have thought a builder would have at least an ounce of common sense in relation to taking roofs off in the rainy season.

Sponsored Links
It sure is Woody.

My BC guy came for a look, he is happy that no serious long term damage will occur, it's just a shame it's come to this.

I got my drawings reprinted and to my slightly amateur eyes I don't quite see the issue.

To put this in perspective, I have done all the rip out, put in the new structural floor etc , all signed off by BC. My builder is only contracted to build the gable and install the 3 steels. Would have been handy if he had told me the roof build couldn't start straight away before I took my roof off mind. Until a week ago the roof was going to stay on and the sleels were going to slide in. Builder insisted on roof off.

What do you have then? A steel ridge and then another half way down in each side?

Hi Ian,

Yup, 3 steels, one ridge (which may have to be removed and replaced), front steel half way down line of rafter ( rafters are 6m long), and rear one which is about floor level to hold up front of the dormers.

Sponsored Links
do you have any scaffold on the front roof, if so lash something over the top and down to that, if not maybe into the front windows.
The minute you take a roof off and leave the ceilings exposed you need to have a plan/structure to protect the inside. As you have seen recently even half an hours rain could ruin a house.
I would never dream of taking a chance and leave a clients home un-protected

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back