Help wiring Smart thermostat (Myson MPRT - Tado)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some assistance understanding which wire from my current thermostat Myson MPRT which has two wires. There are no labels on this thermostat and I'm supposed to put the wires in the COM and NO connections.

The MPRT instructions are no help either https://www.myson.co.uk/static_files/my/media/downloads/MPRT_Hard_Wired_Instalation_Instructions.pdf

They just show terminals 2 and 3 being used but don't state which wire in terminal 2 or 3 would be L or SL or COM or NO which would then assist me to put the two wires into the right Tado terminals.

Is anyone able to tell me which wire is which?

Sponsored Links
It’s just a simple switch. You can put your two wires in either way round. It makes no difference they just get connected together on Call for Heat.

my current thermostat Myson MPRT which has two wires.
Your hardwired MPRT is battery operated, but has two control wires to the boiler.
Can you post a picture of the wiring behind the thermostat and tell us what boiler you have?
There may not the Line and Neutral wires that you require to power the Tado.

The Myson MPRT thermostat connects to a Baxi assure 30 combi boiler.

There are 3 batteries in the thermostat. Tado also has batteries to power the thermostat. I am hoping I can connect the two wires in the Myson thermostat to the NO and COM connections as shown in the Tado manual. Let me know your thoughts.

1000008643.jpg
1000008648.jpg

Sponsored Links
I can connect the two wires in the Myson thermostat to the NO and COM connections as shown in the Tado manual. Let me know your thoughts.
For a (battery operated) Smart Wired Tado - then as @Chunky19, your two wires would connect to NO and COM.

Just to add, although the MPRT is battery operated, it could still be switching mains voltage. Isolate the boiler power, before rewiring.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back