Help with a Ideal standard concord 50 boiler

The better boilers prove to be more reliable, few fitted now will last as long as long as the old beast you have! Fanned flue is the norm now, the flue 's are about 4" diameter and use a fan to expel the waste gases. (Some making good of the wall where the existing flue exits may be required.)

Unless you have exceptional reasons why not, then a condensing (High Efficiency) boiler is required, these extract more heat from the gas used compared with the older types.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
everything mate, replacement boiler fitting power flush controls the lot.

But i had a local guy in today as well, and he quoted £2100 complete thats ither a heat only boiler bosh Worcester one, where i have to hkeep my tanks in the loft and the cylinder in the airing cupboard or a new Lamborghini Extrema 38C Combi for the same money so with this i get rid of the tanks, get new controls this also goes upstairs in the airing cupboard.

so what do i go for??? in favoring the lambo as it has a 7 year parts gntee
what do you guys think??

a new Lamborghini Extrema 38C Combi favoring the lambo

this is a public forum, anybody can post any old guff, be it in good faith, mis guided info, blind loyalty to a specific company or just to be a troll.........

the "lambo" has F U C K all to do with the Italian supercar maker

any independent RGI who offers to install this boiler should be asked politely to remove himself from your property

try a few other independents

or a new Lamborghini Extrema 38C
Combi
what do you guys think??

:LOL: :LOL:

Yes, but on the bright side, they're available in red, silver, black or white. I kid you not!
http://www.martinandpartners.com/product.php/358/0/lamborghini_extrema_30c_combi

If you stray too far away from Worcester, Vailant or Remeha, or perhaps budget options like Main, you are asking for trouble. Go over the 7 year g'tee with a fine toothed comb, and don't forget you will still be sitting in the cold waiting for the engineer to turn up in his Gallardo service van.

a new Lamborghini Extrema 38C Combi favoring the lambo

this is a public forum, anybody can post any old guff, be it in good faith, mis guided info, blind loyalty to a specific company or just to be a troll.........

the "lambo" has f***k all to do with the Italian supercar maker

any independent RGI who offers to install this boiler should be asked politely to remove himself from your property

try a few other independents

All imasking for is a little help and advise, is that to much to ask for from a "public" forum ????
I'm really not that stupid to think it had as you so politely put it f@*k all to do with a car!!!!! So give some credit!!!!
If you have nothing constructive to say please don't bother.
Sorry if you may think this is a bit harsh but all I'm looking for is help in a mine field I'm not familiar with.
So thanks!!!!!

you asked for advice, i am trying to give it

the Lambo combi is an unproven boiler in a very proven market

top rated (not by me,but my peers on this forum)

W Bosch, Vaillant, Atag, Intergas, Remeha, Baxi, Potterton, Vokera, Ferroli,Ideal,Main to name a few

old one is probably reapirable. CO is off the scale because it hasnt been cleaned thouroughly. Probably the burner gauze is clogged up. Boilers dont produce lots of CO just because they're old. So you may need a gas valve a case seal and someone to clean it who knows what they're doing.

Well going on what im being advised it will now be either Worcester Greenstar 42CDI of Worcester Greenstar 37CDI, the only differance is the flow rate as far as i can see.

the controls seem to make a differance, would that be the timer i have above my boiler right now???, i seem to thing these are now intergrated within the boiler now, is that right?

get the W Bosch inbuilt RF stat (optional extra) to control your heating requirements

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back