Help with AV Wall Chanel Please :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, first post!

OK so ive decided to move my 46" LED TV to the wall and chanel the cables up to it through the plasterboard.

I was planning of getting some PVC trunking 50x25mm and placing that in the chanel and plastering back over it all so it looks flush, (and allowing me to ever replace or add cables in the future)

My problem is how to leave the top and bottom of the chanel.... obviously its going to be an open hole because all the cables will be running through it all, how how can i finish it and make it look half decent, im not too concerned about the top one because it'll be covered by the TV, and im going to have trunking running along the top of the skirting, so maybe run the cables from the wall straight into the back of this?

is this the best way to go about this?

Any advice would be greatly accepted :idea: :)

Thanks

Kurtis

Sponsored Links
you could also cut in a couple of metal back boxes, there are plenty of cover plates that can be used to run cables through.

[quote="foxhole"
Thats quite small conduit only hold a couple of cables?
[/quote]
50x 25mm small? Hardly! I would have thought the op would only need one for power & one for signal & maybe 2 for sound or have things moved on that much in the TV world. (I'm a bit of an oldy :D )

Sponsored Links
how about connections for sky box, DVD, multiple speaker outputs etc. etc.

Fit the largest conduit you can!

That's too high for a television. Its not a Rembrandt painting where you would admire it standing up.

A television should have the base of the screen no more than two feet from floor level.
So when you are sitting in a sofa the center of the screen will be about eye level straight across the room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back