Help with bathroom extractor wiring please..

Sponsored Links
As Bas has pointed out, your lack of earthing is somewhat worrying.

Although lighting circuits used not to be fitted with CPCs (earth wires), this was alright as long as you kept to plastic fittings and switches.

However, (some of) yours would appear to have been surgically removed for some reason.

Keep to plastic fittings and switches until the situation is improved.

More than somewhat.

Cpcs have been mandatory in lighting circuits for 50 years, and there is no way that wiring is that old.

So whoever did that either had no idea, or did not GAS, about complying with the regulations.

An ignorant, or recklessly dangerous buffoon like that doing electrical work? What other horrors might he have perpetrated?

Done & working.
Mark - in this case "working" has the same connotations at "arrived safely" when talking about a trip in a car with no airbags and not wearing a seatbelt.

I cannot urge you too strongly to have your entire installation properly checked and tested as a matter of urgency - it could just be waiting for the right opportunity to kill someone.

Sponsored Links
More than somewhat.

Cpcs have been mandatory in lighting circuits for 50 years, and there is no way that wiring is that old.

So whoever did that either had no idea, or did not GAS, about complying with the regulations.

An ignorant, or recklessly dangerous buffoon like that doing electrical work? What other horrors might he have perpetrated?

Mark - in this case "working" has the same connotations at "arrived safely" when talking about a trip in a car with no airbags and not wearing a seatbelt.

I cannot urge you too strongly to have your entire installation properly checked and tested as a matter of urgency - it could just be waiting for the right opportunity to kill someone.

Thank you for your concern and advice - I will get a qualified electrician in to update where necessary.

Thanks and best regards, Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back