Changing my Intermediate Light Switch in bathroom

Someone suggested that the three grouped are probably the ring live and to use a choch block

Sponsored Links
And then use this one

Attachments

• PHOTO-2023-09-17-16-30-31.jpg
    PHOTO-2023-09-17-16-30-31.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 30
What wires were found beneath the switch ,are there earth conductors present ? Any others ?
With power turned off at the mains ,you could use multimeter on continuity setting to test between terminals.

Thank you for your input, but that is no help
Someone suggested that the three grouped are probably the ring live and to use a chock block
This is a lighting circuit. It is not a RING final
And then use this one
That is a standard 2-way pull switch. We all know how those work and what they look like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I will try and find an electrician who can fix this as it doesn't seem I can do it myself. Thanks for all the help though.

I will try and find an electrician who can fix this as it doesn't seem I can do it myself. Thanks for all the help though.
Up to you ,but it's not rocket science.
You just need to establish Which terminal connects to which.

I tested the continuity between L1 and L2 as well as L3 and L4 both come up with a reading

I tested the continuity between L1 and L2 as well as L3 and L4 both come up with a reading
ok. Does that mean that there is continuity between L1>L2 and L3>L4 with the switch on, and no continuity with it off?
And no continuity between and terminals with the switch off?

I can't switch the switch on or off it is currently permanently switched on

So this is the advise from someone else

L1 will now be L in

L2 will now be L out

L3 will now be N in

L4 will now be N out

Don't know if I should just try it or not

Did you do continuity tests with the cables still connected in all the terminals ? If so you would get misleading results, ( continuity between live and neutral for instance via the light fitting)

Did you do continuity tests with the cables still connected in all the terminals ? If so you would get misleading results, ( continuity between live and neutral for instance via the light fitting)
No I took them out and with power off and checked in the terminals

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back