Help with bathroom refit please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning

I'm refitting our ensuite, currently taking off all the tiles and plasterboard, going back to bare studs. Sparkie is coming tomorrow to move some lights etc and add a towel rail point.

We currently have one towel rail radiator and underfloor heating. In the top room (converted attic/extension) where the boiler is, there's the underfloor manifolds and other pipework. I think ti appears possible that I should be able to turn off the central heating radiators whilst leaving the underfloor still functioning, and then when I have finished removing the radiator I can shut off the underfloor to refill the radiator system?

As for the hot water, simply shutting the stop cock under the kitchen sink will suffice?

The house it self is a converted cottage, three floors including the attic. Boiler is right upstairs in the 'loft'. Most rooms have underfloor heating except the front room (rad + log burner), front bedroom (rad) and loft bedroom (rad) - these must be the original rooms.

Attachments

• 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 113
Sponsored Links
Can't really answer the ch/ufh question from your description, but the hot will either be turn mains off or if tank fed might be a gate valve somewhere to avoid draining the tank.
Put isolators on (full bore if it's gravity fed) then you can crack on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back