Help with bedroom light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently managed to hit my bedroom light with a pillow (Don't ask!). It stopped working.

My hall light stopped working too.

If I switch the bedroom light on - nothing happens.
If I switch the hall light on - occasionally I get a couple of seconds out of it.

I've tried replacing the bedroom light - same problem.

I've checked the two hall switches and the bedroom switch. There does not appear to be any loose connections.

I've checked the hall light and the bedroom light, again there does not appear to be any loose connections. Perhaps there must be or I wouldn't be having the problem??

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sounds as though you DO have a loose connection. Do you know anyone with a multi-meter and the knowledge to use it? If so do a continuity check on the wires, this should show up any faults.

How many cables from the ceiling enter the bedroom light?

If just one, perhaps there is a dodgy joint above that has been disturbed during your pillow fight or whatever it is you do up there.

Wingcoax, my father owns one and knows how to use it. I'll have to give him a call!

Sparkwright, i'll have to double check this weekend. I don't reckon i'll get a chance to work in any natural light before then.

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I took the bedroom light off today to look for loose wires. Everything seems to be pretty secure.

Problem is, now that i've stuck it back up - I have a different problem. If I turn the hall light on then both the hall and bedroom lights come on dimly.

If I turn the bedroom light on - it trips the breakers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back