Help with C-tec CFP702-2 fire alarm system.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine has C-tec CFP702-2 fire alarm system in his shop. Recently a dispute led to some vandalism on the fire alarm panel. Basically the front cover was removed and the blue and brown wire that goes to the call point from the panel is disconnected. Picture below. And the batteries were taken. Otherwise everything else is fine.

Is anyone able to tell me where to connect the brown and blue wire? Also, if we get replacement batteries, how are they wired up? There is only a red and black wire for the batteries. But if i buy two batteries how are they connected to go to the red and black? Picture below:

Looking at the wiring. It appears a mains wire comes to a key operated spur, from there it enters the alarm panel box. Then the box has some resistors and capacitor across some of the terminals as can be seen in the picture. from the box there is then the red wire which has the blue and brown and earth inside it, this goes to a call point and then from the call point it seems another red cable goes up into the ceiling to all the smoke detectors and heat detectors.

Would really appreciate some help.
Thanks.

ZGaXdpS.jpg

Sponsored Links
You will need a competent person to repair.
Risk to life and property insurance if not repaired and tested correctly.

Last edited:
All the companies we've called over just want to rip-off and change a perfectly working system and don't want to even touch this. Seems like a right rip-off. At the same time they are perfecty happy to come and do tests and issue certificates but not willing to make the connection. So my plan is to just get it connected again and get one of them to come and test and issue certificate. They are just not willing to do a repair on it as they say it's not worth their while.

Looks like a poor installation, as cables go through the battery compartment. That will need to be changed.
Even if you repair, it may not get certified with other works.

Sponsored Links
It’s a very poor job ….and where are the sounders ? All the sounder circuits are linked out ? Looks like it’s never been finished ?

Yes seems like no sounders were ever installed as it's a small shop and I think batteries were originally probably also not installed hence why the wires are going down the bottom by the battery area.

System would never had worked without batteries. A fire alarm without sounder?
Is this an incomplete installation and installer walked off site ?

System would never had worked without batteries. A fire alarm without sounder?
Is this an incomplete installation and installer walked off site ?

Batteries could have been pulled out but the Sounders were never installed and invoiced for the job as a completed job. I had a look at the job sheet and the notes, it mentions the installation locations of all smoke detectors and heat detectors and the call point and no mention of any Sounders. There seems to be no wiring for Sounders. There is a red cable going from the unit to the call point (this is the cable that is disconnected on the brown and blue) then from the call point the red cable goes back through the fire alarm panel up conduit into the ceiling then connecting to all the smoke detectors. There is no other wire except the actual mains that comes from the key operated spur.

You need a professional in afraid …it may have been wired with a twin wire system in mind as Ctec do a alarm sense panel where the sounders and detectors run on one cable ….who knows ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back