Help with conservatory change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I think this is a common question but here we go...

I've got an existing conservatory that I inherited when bought a maisonette flat. See attached photo. It has a glass roof which is leaking due to glazing bags having sagged. Also about 1/3 of wall glazing has blown and needs replacing. So I'm looking for a cost effective option to update.

I initally stared with a view I'd replace with typical timber solid roof with skylight, rubber covering, etc....but i'm starting to understand that building regs for this may be hard as need a structural engineer to see if foundations would take the load? So if I'm going to trouble of paying a structural engineer to check this...given cost of replacing wall glazing is going to be high, I'm now thinking it would be cheaper and easier for me to build new timber frame off dwarf walls with less glazing.

Has anyone succesfully done this before within building regs?

Thanks

Attachments

• Conservatory.jpeg
    Conservatory.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 55
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back