Help with frost/pipe stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

2 years ago we had a new worcester bosch greenstar ri conventional boiler fitted with a landis gyr frost stat and pipe stat.

The plumbers who fitted it wernt the sharpest tools in their box and set the frost stat and pipe stat both at 21deg. Therefore obviously it stayed on all night.

We had them back to set this properly and it worked fine. However it seemed to be comming on very often again and when the plumber cameout to do its 1st service this year. He said it needed adjusting and again it seemed to work fine.

Recently its comming on very often again. I know its been very cold in recent weeks but its been on and off even all through the day when its been quite mild.

My 1st question is how can you set the temperatures on the thermostats? Ive been told the frost stat is set to 5deg and pipe stat to 20deg but I cant find anywhere that would tell you what the setting is.

Also I noticed when I took the cover off the frost stat there are 2 sets of live earth and neutral wires from the boiler and pipe stat but I noticed that there is a neutral wire that is not connected. Im not sure if this is deliberate or has come out of the terminal. Could this be a cause of the problems?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back