help with glowworm ultimate 40ff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, first-time poster here!!!!

I have a problem with system listed above. The boiler was working fine until very recently when the central heating stopped working, although the hot water worked fine. I searched various places on here and self-diagnosed the problem as the mid-position valve. I have purchased a new one and replaced this myself. Since changing this, the system came on with demand from both central heating and hot water but only for a couple of minutes. It went off and I could not get it back on. I was checking everything through when all of a sudden the boiler came on and fired for 30 secs (ish) and then went off again. I have no LED lights on the PCB at all.

Anybody got any ideas, please?? Any help/suggestions would be grateful.

Cheers. ben

Sponsored Links
when you had either hw or heating on and the boiler didn't fire
check the orange terminal in the wiring centre is still live.
if this is still live then the faults more likely the boiler end.
sounds like a loose connection somewhere.

you say only fired for a short period ie as in electrical fault or airlock etc as kev has said ?

Sponsored Links
kev - when i select either hw or ch then the mid-position valve reacts in the required manner.
pedanticvindictiveman - damn fine idea.....only if they didn't charge so much I would!!!

seco - I have 240V on the orange when demand is called for.

looking at your post again sounds like the systems airlocked like kev said.
did you bleed the pump ?

s*d beat me again. :rolleyes:

cheers for that kev. I have bled both points until water runs continuously but still have nothing.

Where would you go next?? Apart from the pub which is where I feel like going... :LOL:

the boiler just kicked back in (for any unkown reason...)
so i sprinted up the stairs and undid the screw on the pump, got loads of air out and from the vent as well and the boiler is still running... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

thanks very much for all your help. very much appreciated. will definitely make this my first port of call in future. CHEERS!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back