Help with heating controls

Update. I have now fitted channelplus h27xl series 2. To replace the original channelplus. Same wiring as original.but checked nothing loose. Everything fires even though turned off. I gently and repeatively hit the valve for the heating with my screwdriver and now the heating has gone off as it should do as the new programmer has everything off. Don't know if I dare turn it back on now ha

Sponsored Links
. I gently and repeatively hit the valve for the heating with my screwdriver and now the heating has gone off
Definitely the culprit, to me ;)
I'm afraid I don't know if you need a whole new valve, or if just the head is available.

The actuator spring return may have gone week or the valve may be sticking, with the heating off you should feel a fairly stiff resistance while pulling the manual lever.

I can easily move the switch with one finger. Doesn't feel any resistance.

Sponsored Links
I will say yes but I do this for a living and have changed many of both what make is the valve, post a pic if not sure

Honeywell valve. That's a picture of the sticker on the bottom on the valve. Let me know if need clearer pic if that doesn't help.

Attachments

• IMG_20230324_171407.jpg
    IMG_20230324_171407.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 35
Thanks for this. Much appreciated. Do I change it in situe or remove it from the pipe etc?

Thank you. Il order new part and give it a go. Thanks for all the help, glad I stumbled across this forum :) il put a bowl underneath for when I drop the screw (bound to happen ha)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back