help with hinges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im new to this forum and need help on choosing the right hinges.
i build reptile tanks basically a rectangle box with sliding glass doors at the front.
i have been asked if i can put 4 wooden doors on the front, 2 on the left hand side and 2 on the right, these doors need to fold open so that they can stop there 3 year old daughter from banging on the glass.
does anyone know what hinges i need to use for the doors.
hope this makes sense .

Sponsored Links
i would say piano hinges as they give a decent strength to small doors

can you not have a single shutter that slides down tracks at each side or could hinge down from above

i cant do them any other way because the top will be used to sit a t.v on top.
will piano hinges let the doors open/fold outwards?

Sponsored Links
it dosnt matter whats on top with a slot in front you just slide out and store away in a slot under the tv shelve /under the tank/ to the side /wherever theres space

poano hinges work exactly like normal hinges assuming you want the doors to zigzag
you would place the hinge by the the outside edge on the front face and the hinges towards the middle on the inside

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back