Help with Hive installation for ideal vogue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I know this has been done to death but I was unable to find something relevant to my boiler.

I have a hive hearing single channel receiver and I would like to check my wiring is correct.

I have posted pictures of what is present already.

I have wired a 3 wired cable

Live to live
Neutral to neutral

From there I get confused.

The red wire that’s there already is to bypass the previously absent thermostat I presume?

Thanks

Attachments

• 34933137-7EBD-484C-A274-335730F0AB5C.jpeg
    34933137-7EBD-484C-A274-335730F0AB5C.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 1,399
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 685
Sponsored Links
Then just remove the red link and connect the terminals to 1 and 3 on the hive - doesn't matter which way round.

Do you mean by 3 wired cable a flex with L,N & E?
You will need five wires - L,N,E,1 & 3.
You can obviously use two 3 core cables.

Sponsored Links
I’ve wired this up now. Is this wiring correct. I’ve put the live, earth and neutral from the hive into the same slots from the main power to the boiler.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 846
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 761
Yes, that looks right - assuming you have the cables the right way round. :)

Perhaps you could terminate the wires in the Hive a bit better.
Take out the screws and make a U with the ends of the wires then put the screw in the round of the U and not have any bare copper hanging out.

upload_2019-2-24_22-55-2.png

As a matter of curiosity, what was controlling your heating before you fitted the Hive? Just that red link makes me think your boiler maybe has its own integrated heating system controller with wireless thermostat possibly? Which will need uninstalling before the Hive will work properly? Just a thought......

Hi, it was a new boiler install so there wasn’t a thermostat controller as the plumber knew I was planning on installing the hive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back